I’ve spent a fair bit of the long bank holiday weekend trying to get Blaze DS installed on Google App Engine but frustratingly I’ve not managed it so far.
I was working off this blog post but when I tried to create a flex project it would not validate the Blaze DS server. I think it is something to do with the flex context root that he is using in the example. When the validator tries to do a test on that context it doesn’t work.
I’ll have another go next time I have some time. It’s annoying when you can’t get these things to work.
Other than that I am very impressed with GAE – the eclipse plug-in is really easy to set up and use. It builds a sample site with web kit and a server call for you which works as soon as launch it.
I really hope I can get it playing nicely with Flex.